English and VIP Teacher
In love with adventure, and his wife Katherine, Andrew decided to move in with Katherine’s family in Saigon, to fully experience Vietnamese culture. In a short time at E2, Andrew has already made a big impact. Andrew is part of the Summer 2016 cohort of new joiners.
10 E2 Questions for Andrew English
1. Share your background: Where did you grow up? Where did you go to university and what did you study?
I was born in Dallas, Texas and raised in Austin. I graduated from the University of Texas -- Austin with a degree in English.
2. What is your favorite and least favorite Vietnamese food?
My current Vietnamese food obsession is Mi Kho Hoanh Thanh. Least favorite food (Vietnamese or otherwise) is Durian.
3. What brought you to Vietnam / back to Vietnam?
My wife's extended family offered us the chance to come live with them. We both love an adventure, so we packed all our things in storage, said goodbye to Los Angeles and decided to come see what life is like in Vietnam.
4. What made you decide to be a teacher?
The desire to help children grow intellectually and to feel as though I'm making a positive contribution to society. Also, the great, built-in branding potential of my last name.
5. What was the biggest factor that made you choose E2?
The idea of working for a growing company that recognizes the necessity of adaptation, not only from a business perspective but also in order to constantly ensure that the needs of students are being met in the best possible way
6. Can you describe E2's working environment in 3 words?
Exciting, Committed, Supportive
7. What is the most helpful thing you've learned to improve your teaching at E2?
Taking the time to cater to the specific learning needs of each student pays long-term dividends
8. What is your most memorable teaching moment at E2?
A very thoughtful, funny letter one of my students sent after TAS summer camp
9. What is your most memorable NON-teaching moment at E2? PG version, please.
Hard to pick one, but it's a safe bet that (responsible consumption of) alcohol and karaoke were involved.
10. What are you most looking forward to or optimistic about when it comes to your own future at E2 or E2's future in general?
I'm just excited to see how the company develops and executes its vision moving forward.